Tucson Forensic Science
The Tucson Forensic Science Division is under the directorship of a full-time board certified forensic scientist, who holds a Master’s Degree in Forensic Science, and has been qualified as an expert in State, Local and Federal District Courts.
Utilizing state of the art forensic laboratory equipment, The Tucson Forensic Science Division can examine questioned documents, trace evidence, latent fingerprints, bodily fluids, gunshot residue, paint, and other items of forensic value. We can also test hair, blood, and urine for illegal and controlled substances, using gas chromatography/mass spectrophotometry.
Our Tucson Forensic Science Divison Services include:
- Questioned Documents- In addition to determining authorship of a signature, or a written document, the Tucson Forensic Science Divison can individualize ink, paper, printers, fax machines, and copiers. We can usually determine the relative age of ink, and provide court qualified experts.
- Trace Evidence- Trace evidence is forensic evidence that is transferred between individuals and objects during the commission of a crime. Trace evidence can include hairs, fibers, soil, paint, liquids, and other physical evidence.
- Latent Fingerprints- Latent fingerprints are those fingerprints left at a crime scene that are not visible to the human eye. Most fingerprints are developed utilizing a variety of powders, chemical processes and alternative light sources to make the print visible. There are various techniques used to develop fingerprints on porous materials, such a copy paper, envelopes, or even a postage stamp on a letter.
- Blood/Bodily Fluid- The Tucson Forensic Science Divison individualize blood, semen, hair, and skin. DNA analysis can virtually guarantee a positive identification.
- Toxicology/Drug Testing- The Tucson Forensic Science laboratory can perform drug testing for illegal and controlled substances. The Tucson Forensic Science Division can perform this test from blood, urine, or hair. We can also analyze liquids and compounds to determine their composition.
- Paternity Testing - The Tucson Forensic Science Divison can perform DNA paternity testing utilizing a board certified forensic scientist. DNA test results are available within five days of testing, and we provide expert court testimony. We can perform the DNA analysis from blood or oral swabs.
* Evidence Sample
* Reference Sample
* Bone Sample
* Mitrochrondrial DNA
* Evidence Examination for DNA
* Semen Detection & DNA Profiling
* Criminal Paternity
* Infidelity Cases
How Science Is Putting a New Face on Crime Solving
CLICK HERE to read an interesting article about the advances in forensics are giving us an unprecedented ability to solve cases—and exposing mistakes in some investigations.
Call Us Today 1-520-848-2040
Fax Number (520) 848-2041